[Quick update 19/04]
Thank you to everyone for submitting your parts! We now have all the submissions of our participants, so we'll get to the collage very soon. Stay tuned to see the finished result!
[New Update:] Alright, everyone. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:KicsterAsh
Panther Cap and Beauty StemMinish-Mae
Oyster and Slippery JackPatrona
Earth Star and Mistle Toadspotty-bee
Fur Foot and Shaggy ManeTinker-Jet
Puff Ball and Elf Cup
Deadline: Thursday, April 5th, 2018
Please submit all completed artwork to the Group Collaborations Submission Folder. In order to have your work featured in the final product, you must either include an active download link on the submission or upload a second copy to Sta.sh and provide a link to Tinker-Jet
so she can download it.
Also, for the sake of quality and consistency, please make sure that your pictures are saved in PNG format.
And since we've gone ahead with everyone drawing two characters, yes, you may draw them interacting with each other. That said, try to avoid having one character obscure too much of the other.
Characters chasing each other, holding hands while they walk, talking to each other, laughing together (or one at the other), working together to carry something, watching/reacting to other characters (especially if you decide you want to coordinate with a fellow member), etc. are totally fine.
Having one character sit or stand on top or in front of another character in such a way that their face and/or most of their body is hidden is discouraged.
Thank you. Have fun!
[Update:] Sorry about the delay, everyone.
I hope it's not a big deal since no one has received their drawing deadlines yet.
Anyway, one of our members had a good idea.
Since we have fewer sign-ups, it would make more sense if everyone were to take two characters. The deadline will be adjusted accordingly.
Considering that I'd also like to participate, that means that everyone would be able to put out the call for a crowd favourite: Earth Star!
Everyone who's already signed up may put out the call to draw him and one show extra. (The extra does not need to be a toadlet.)
If no one puts out a call for a show extra, I will draw Penny Bun and whichever Toad Patrol toadlet remains.
You all have until Wednesday to put out your call for Earth Star. If there is more than one call for him, I will put it through a random number generator.
Good luck, everyone!
PS. For the sake of fairness, the Earth Star call is for people who have already signed up only. If you have not signed up already, you will not be considered.
Thank you for your understanding.
So, I was talking to a fellow member when we had a fabulous idea: let's revisit a certain Toad Patrol Club collaboration from a few years ago:
We have since been met with more talented members and would love to see what the Toad Patrol would look like in the club's hands today. Let's make them proud!Details:
Everyone will have an opportunity to draw a Toad Patrol character. We will try to get everyone from the main Toad Patrol group filled, but if we get more than eight sign-ups, then we will expand to include more support characters.
Here's how this will work:
Every person who signs up must put three characters they'd be willing to draw. One of those choices will be your character so choose wisely.
If you participated in the last collaboration, you can't choose the character you drew again. This will allow everyone an opportunity to draw their favourite character(s).Example Sign-Up:
2. Slippery Jack
3. Elf CupRules:
The rules are similar to the previous time, but there have been some changes so please read the rules carefully.
1. Your character must be digitally drawn or digitized (high-quality scan - no photos with your camera/cell phone) with a transparent background. This is sometimes a point of confusion, so I'll make things clear: a white background is not transparent and if you're planning on making the background the same colour as deviantART green, then you may as well erase it. If you need details on how to do this properly, don't hesitate to send a message along. The Toad Patrol Club team is prepared to help you out.
2. No shading! I know this will be tough, but unfortunately, the last time we did this, the light sources were all over the place. That wasn't anyone's fault; everyone did as they were asked. But it made it difficult to place the toadlets in the background. For this collaboration, one person will shade all of the characters when assembling them on the background to make it easier. (If we get a volunteer shader and backgrounder, then that'd be excellent! Anyone who wants to skip drawing the characters and just do the shading or the background is welcome to do so. They will be credited as being part of the collaboration.)
3. You are allowed to have props, but the props may not obscure the character unless they're a familiar part of the character. They also may not be shaded.
Examples of what is okay:
- Oyster using her see-all.
- Slippery Jack looking at his path-finds, though please be reasonable. Don't use his path-finds to hide his body on purpose.
- Beauty Stem with her petals down.
- A character observing or smelling a flower as long as it doesn't block any part of their face/body in any significant way. (You won't be penalized if the stem is blocking out part of their hand, but you will be if their face/body is buried in the flower.)
- A character observing a small rock/gem.
Examples of what is not okay:
- Plopping down a giant anything in front of your character.
- Obscuring your character's face with anything that isn't a part of them or a familiar part associated with them.
4. Your character may face forward or either side, partially or fully. They may not have their back facing the audience.
5. Once you've been given your assignment and have finished your image, please provide a method of download for the people running the collaboration. Whether it's a Sta.sh download or a high-resolution download from your page, we must be able to download it to include it.
6. The possibilities are vast. As long as your picture follows the collab rules and club rules, you're golden.
7. If you have any questions that may not have been answered by either rule set, then please send a private message along to Tinker-JetDeadline:
Wednesday, March 14th, 2018